Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Papertrey Ink 8th Anniversary - Heavy Metal

The fun is still going on at Papertrey Ink's 8th Anniversary celebration. If you haven't checked it out already you should. Some great new products and lots of contests and prizes. Today's challenge is to use only metallics and neutrals on your project. I guess I went a little heavy on the metallics today.

I created my own large dot impression plate using a circle die, chipboard coasters and some cardboard for backing (see pic below). Some die cutting in silver and copper foil and a heat embossed sentiment and your done.

 As you can see I drew a grid to help in placing my circles onto my backer. Unfortunately I miscalculated where to draw my lines and I ended up using only the horizontal lines for placement and just eyed up the vertical spacing.

Supplies:
Stamps - Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (PTI)
Dies - Spiral Notebook (PTI), bow (Lil Inkers), Classic Circles (Spellbinders)
Paper - Stampers Select White (PTI), silver and copper foil CS (DCWV)
Ink - VersaMark, Black EP

9 comments:

  1. Great idea to make your impression plate. love the metallic bow (reminds me of Ted Baker) above your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fabulous job on both your card and creating your own impression plate! Super clever idea and great results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your impression plate. I've been wanting one with stars and now I know how to get it. Much appreciated. And your card is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make your own impression plate? What a fabulous idea!!! Love your card and thanks for sharing your DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your own impression plate!! Wow! What a great effect it has! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your impression plate - what a cool idea (and so much cheaper) - I may have to make myself one, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.