Saturday, October 4, 2014

Fall Colours Birthday Wishes

Happy Saturday! I am supposed to be doing laundry and cleaning my house, but took some time out to play along with this week's Less is More colour challenge - Autumn's Bounty - to use fall colours on your project. I based my card design on this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch!



The inspiration for the technique used here came from the very talented Laura Bassen. I am a huge fan of Laura's style and use of colour, you can check out her card here.  I stamped my polka dot image directly onto my card front and coloured the circles in with Copics. I die cut the word Happy from the card front and a couple of times from plain white card stock (if I were to do this again I would cut out at least one more die cut so it would stand out more). I then glued the die cuts together and replaced the the word back onto my card (I backed the inside of the card with white cardstock to give me something to glue the word to). I heat embossed the word Birthday in white EP on black and voila! Love how this turned out. I am still struggling to find a good spot in my new home to photograph my cards, but this one didn't turn out too bad.



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend!

Supplies:
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Wet Paint (PTI)
Paper - Neena Solar White, black CS
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versa Mark, White EP, Copics - E13, E15, E08, Y11, Y21, Y17, YG93, YG95, YG97
Other - Wet Paint Die (PTI), 3D foam


22 comments:

  1. I. Simply. LOVE. This. Card! So classy with the color choices and the shading within the circles. And I love how you added the "happy" so it doesn't take away from the simplicity but adds such dimension.

    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really super Connie... the colours are fabulous and I love this technique!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is wonderful it popped out at me in those thumbnails! Love your take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with this week's CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card & a brilliant use of die cutting techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super-yummy.
    Love how your colours just POP Autumn.
    Great combination with the sketch too.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card really jumped out at me from the LIM gallery - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love this technique.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how wonderful this card is! I love the simplicity of those colorful dots! That die cut is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a brilliant card Connie, such an original design using autumn colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever idea, I love your little dots of autumn colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this looks so cool! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Connie how elegant! Fab technique on your card
    Thanks so much for joining us in our autumn challenge
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Connie how elegant! Fab technique on your card
    Thanks so much for joining us in our autumn challenge
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous LIM card Connie, love the design. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Connie, love your card, the colouring looks fantastic as does that technique for adding dimension with the text. Great take on the sketch too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous card Connie, a wonderful design and I love the colours of the circles'spots!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card Connie,love the colours too ;)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love this - definitely looks like a winner to me! I love how you've coloured the polka dots..they've got so much depth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations for being CTS favorite with this fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.