Sunday, November 10, 2013

One Layer Butterfly Thank You

I created this card for this week's challenge at Less Is More - create a one layer thank you card, easy enough right?

Well, apparently I am having one of those days. This should have been a relatively quick card to make. The beautiful Swallowtail stamp from SU does all the work for you (I can't believe I have had this stamp since March and this is the first time it has seen ink). This is my third attempt at this card, the first two having to be trashed because of the final step of drawing a simple black line around my card.

 I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto my card base and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I created a mask to go around the butterfly by stamping the image in the middle of a piece of copy paper, cutting out the butterfly and then applying two way glue to the back around the edge of the cut out. Once the glue was dry I placed it over the image and sponged away. You can't really see it in the photo but I did add purple ink to the crescent shaped spaces at the bottom left. I heat embossed the sentiment as well.

Here is a pic showing some of the pretty shine on the image:


Supplies:
Stamps - Swallowtail (SU), Botanical Silhouettes (PTI)
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), clear EP, Gypsy, Pear, Lagoon, Pacifica inks (CTMH), Copic .1 multiliner
Paper - Neena Solar White
Other - sequins

8 comments:

  1. The colouring of this beautiful butterfly is simply stunning, the sheen is amazing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning butterfly, Connie. Love the shading on your butterfly. Been there, done that with those pesky drawn lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - your butterfly is stunning!! What exceptional colouring - love the design too. A perfect one layer card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Connie, love the way it's off the page and the colouring is gorgeous:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Connie. The colours are amazing.
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog. We have had a few visits to Ontario over the last couple of years. We have a son living in Toronto at the moment - they love it!
    Margaret E x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card...Someone gave me some huge butterfly stick-ons, which I have been struggling to envisage on a card. While they're not as lovely as your stamp/colouring you have given e a good idea how to use them. Thank you!

    dormouse.wibsite.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Connie, love how you coloured the butterfly esp. :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - your butterfly is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.