Friday, July 19, 2013

10 Minute Birthday Celebration Challenge

I made this card for the second Birthday Celebration Challenge at Flourishes this week. The challenge is to create a card in 10 minutes or less. Now the only way that I could even get close to that time frame was by thinking it through completely before I even started. My new Hexagon coverplate from PTI helped of course and keeping my colouring to a minimum did as well. I find having a sketch helps give me some direction, so I am also playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch #37.



I stamped this great image from 'Picking Wildflowers' by Flourishes on my white card front and stamped it in the same location on a separate 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock. I ran this second piece and the hexagon coverplate through my cuttlebug and pulled out the hexagon pieces that I wanted to highlight on my card. Initially I was only going to use five of the hexagons as shown in the sketch, but when I realized that the center hexagon would have no colour on it I added the two partial hexagons that are on the left (this is what slowed me down). I coloured in the spaces around the floral image with my BG10 Copic, ran my Black copic along the edges and popped them up over the base image. A sentiment, a pearl (coloured with BG23), a 1" DP strip with black CS backing across the top, crop the corners and your done.


Supplies: Standard A2 size
Stamps - Picking Wildflowers (Flourishes), Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (PTI)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics - BG10, BG23, Black 100
Paper - DP - Gathering (Authentique),Neena Classic Crest Solar White CS, Black CS
Accessories - pearl (CTMH)
Other - Coverplate: Hexagon Die (PTI), corner rounder, 3D foam

2 comments:

  1. Connie I love the hexagons on top of the image. Brilliant choice and look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Is there a name for this technique? Love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.