Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sunny Yellow Baby

I should be doing laundry and preparing to go away next week but really wanted to participate in the  Runway Inspired Challenge - ric#33. I love to see all of the fabulous creations inspired by the couture photos on this blog. I am also entering this card into Flourishes 'Summer Lovin' challenge - to create a card with summer in mind - here I have used the beautiful yellow of the summer sunshine and embossed flowers.






What spoke to me when I saw this photo was the texture in the top, the yellow and black ribbons and of course the beautiful sunny yellow. I started out by inking one side of an embossing folder directly with my ink pad and running it through my cuttlebug to try and recreate the texture of the top. At this stage I didn't really have a clear idea of how I wanted to use this embossed piece but it was so pretty and delicate that I thought it would make a perfect baby card.

Supplies - Standard A2 size
Paper - Sunkiss Yellow CS (CTMH), Neena Solar White
Stamp - Hello Baby (Flourishes)
Ink - Sunkiss Yellow (CTMH), Versa Mark, black embossing powder
Accessories - yellow ribbon (Offray), black waxy flax (CTMH), charm (stash)
Other - Walrus & Carpenter (Couture Creations), bow easy

14 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Connie! And yes, textures play a huge part in this inspired photo! I love your gorgeous flower textures with the scalloped borders. Congrats on the RIC Facebook shout out! So glad that you join the fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a perfect baby card! Love the texture, the bright yellow, and the sweet ribbon and charm!
    Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card,Connie! I love the embossing folder you used and the bottom border. Very nicely done!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's quite an eye catching card. Can you tell who makes the ef and where I can purchase it? Thanks. 2schaubs@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful ... such a happy little card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you laundry can wait so you can play. hee hee Very pretty, the textures are wonderful. I especially like the sentiment and the edge you created. Very pretty indeed. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Summer Fun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this?? OH MY... love the inspiration and that butter yellow is just divine! It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie, this is another fabulous CAS card! I really like how you've added the embossing folder design...perfect baby card and I can see you create many more fabbo cards! Hugs, ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Connie! I love the embossed background.

    Thanks for playing with the Flourishes release challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embossed background is just SO amazing and it really reminds me of the model's top! Thanks for joining with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Just found your blog via pinterest, came to have a closer look.Love your cards, and awesome style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card so light and springy looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card, could you please let mr know where you got the embossing folder. d_rouse@cox.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.