Sunday, October 7, 2012

Think Pink Challenge

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my fellow Canadians, hope you are enjoying your long weekend. My mother-in-law has been in the hospital since the end of August, so my free time has been taken up with visiting her every day and I haven't spent much time in my craft room. I wanted to take part in Flourishes 'Think Pink' challenge so I put together this card yesterday. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch #261 and got my colour inspiration from Color Q challenge #157.

For my background I used the Faux Letterpress technique. I brayered ink onto one side of an embossing folder before embossing my cardstock. I believe you can also apply the ink directly to the folder with your ink pad.




Supplies - Standard A2 size
Paper - Pink CS (SU), Black CS (Bazzill), White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamp - Magnolias (Flourishes)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Cotton Candy (CTMH)
Accessories - Striped ribbon, Grey Rosettes, Bitty Sparkles (CTMH), 1/2" black seam binding (May Arts), Pink rose, Rhinestone flourish (Prima)
Other - Exquisite Circles, Std. Circles Sm (Spellbinders), Embossing folder (Provocraft), Brayer, 3D foam

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Like a work of art...love the sparkles! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ with your wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Connie, love the feminine way you used these colors! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Feminine and great job with the challenges. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is pretty! Love that you brought to our attention the sentiment from the magnolia set, and that star-shaped die is great! Thanks for joining us for Flourishes "Think Pink" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card,, so very pretty! Love those layers and the die cuts. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.