Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Random Stamping on Kraft

The other day Ally Cope posted a tutorial on Flourishes blog on how to incorporate Kraft paper onto a layout page - 'Let's Get Krafty'. I loved it so much I decided to give it a try and created a card with it. Basically, you random stamp on Kraft paper with Memento ink, making sure not to leave large open spaces and then colour in around the stamped images with a Copic marker, I used Black. To help avoid large open spaces, I stamped the smaller flower on scrap, cut them out and used them to help space where I placed the large flower. Seemed to work. I love the look and versatility of this technique.
I used this week's sketch at Clean & Simple #191 and also entered this week's challenge 'Beautiful Butterflies' at Tuesday Alchemy Challenge blog.
Supplies: Card size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" - All supplies CTMH except where noted Paper - Kraft, Colonial White, Black cardstock Stamps - Card Word Puzzle, Tage Lines (Flourishes) Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Black Copic Accessories - Licorice Pearl Opaques Other - Beautifu Wings Embosslit (SU)

4 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Connie! Isn't that technique simple and easy?!? Glad to see you join me over at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, your creation is just stunning! That technique is fabulous & you are right: I will have to try it!

    I'm joyed that you shared this with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    PS - WIN handmade jewelry at my blog! Ends tomorrow, so don't delay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!

    Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy
    Hugs
    Katya x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty clean & simple card! Beautiful technique you used!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind comments, they always make my day.